Attending a night (or more) of Eras Tour is kind of like prepping for Halloween. It’s the only concerts I’ve been to where I saw probably 90% of the crowd fully decked out in sequins, glitter, and even full-on costumes inspired by Taylor Swift’s albums or individual songs. Let’s jump into my Eras Tour makeup inspiration, how I did my makeup, and what I used.
Reputation Album Makeup Inspiration
Taylor Swift’s Reputation album is one of my all-time favorites. I love the high energy, “give ’em hell” vibes. So, that was my makeup inspiration for the second night of the Eras Tour in Tampa, Florida. But this could also fit with your Red-album style, too.
I actually bought my dress to go with the makeup direction. Voluminous lashes, smoky eyes, glitter, and a matte red-orange lip were at the top of my list. I also wanted products that would stay put all night long. The Raymond James Stadium is outdoor, so I needed to be prepared for heat and humidity, too.
Eras Tour Makeup Prep
The skincare products I used to prep my skin before makeup were the La Mer Skin Renewal Oil and the La Mer creme de la creme moisturizer.
After my skincare set in for a few minutes, I applied a face primer to ensure as much longevity for my makeup as possible.
I started with eyeshadow, so I could clean up any fallout or mistakes easily. First, I used cream eyeshadows as primer, so my powder shadows would last all night.
Then, I used four shadows from a bronze, smoky brown eyeshadow palette. I applied a matte, dark brown and a smoky, metallic brown in the outer corners of my eyes, then a lighter bronze metallic to the center of my eyelids, and finished with a glittery champagne color for the inner eyes.
I took a little of the lighter bronze metallic shade along the outer bottom lash line, too.
Next I applied my foundation. One layer is medium coverage, so I went back in with a second layer where I needed extra coverage on redness. I applied a concealer in a lighter shade under my eyes, at my cupid’s bow, center of chin, and center of my forehead to brighten and highlight those areas.
For contour, I started with a cream contour to shade my face where I wanted. Then, I went over the cream contour with a matte powder bronzer to really define my nose, slim my face, and chisel my jaw line and forehead.
For setting powder, I used a finely milled loose powder to bake my under eyes and to set the makeup on the rest of my face.
I applied a rosy, pink blush to my cheeks, then finished with a super glowy powder highlighter on the tip of my nose, cheekbones, cupid’s bow, center of forehead and center of chin.
Before I finished my eyes, I sprayed a makeup setting spray to lock everything in place.
Once my face dried, I filled in my brows with a brow pencil and then used a clear brow gel to set them in place.
Next, I applied black liquid liner to my top lash lines and did a swipe of black mascara on my top and bottom lashes.
After that dried, I applied pre-glued (these are amazing!) voluminous lashes (three individual pieces) to the outer corners of my eyes. I loved the look of these lashes!
I did one more quick swipe of mascara on my top lashes to blend them more with the false lashes.
Then, I used a golden bronze glitter liquid liner along the black liner on my top lash line, added a ton of glitter to the outer corners of my eyes, and added a touch of the glitter to the outer corners of my lower lash lines.
I sprayed my face once more with makeup setting spray.
The perfect matte, orange-red liquid lipstick finished off my look.
At the end of the night, my makeup still looked amazing! Eyelashes didn’t budge. I didn’t touch up my face or lipstick once. And my lipstick lasted through food and drinks!
Eras Tour Makeup Products I Used
- Primer: Fenty Beauty Pro Filtr Instant Retouch Primer
- Cream eyeshadow: Charlotte Tilbury creaseless cream shadow (shade: Pillow talk)
- Cream eyeshadow: Charlotte Tilbury creaseless cream shadow (shade: Champagne)
- Eyeshadow palette: Makeup by Mario Ethereal (sold out) [similar shadow palette]
- Foundation: Rare Beauty Liquid Touch Weightless Foundation
- Concealer: Urban Decay Quickie concealer
- Cream contour: Charlotte Tilbury Contour Wand
- Face powder: Givenchy Prism Libre powder (shade: 3)
- Powder contour: Benefit Hoola bronzer
- Powder blush: Makeup by Mario blush (shade: Mellow Mauve)
- Powder highlight: Rare Beauty Positive Light Silky Touch Highlighter (shade: Mesmerize)
- Brow pencil: Anastasia Brow Definer (shade: soft brown)
- Brow gel: Anastasia Brow Gel (clear)
- Liquid eyeliner: Kat Von D Tattoo Liner (shade: Trooper Black)
- Mascara: YSL Lash Clash (shade: Black)
- False lashes: Kiss Impress Voluminous Lashes
- Liquid glitter liner: Urban Decay Heavy Metal Liner (shade: Midnight Cowboy)
- Setting Spray: MAC Fix+ Stay Over Spray
- Liquid matte lipstick: Gucci Liquid Lipstick (shade: Lizzie Tiger)
The links in this post are commissionable, which means I make a small commission off each purchase made by using my links. All opinions are my own.
Leave a Reply