Every year, I set my reading goal on Goodreads, and in that moment I feel like the absolute best version of myself. Yes, I equate reading books to becoming a better version of myself. It's scientific fact.
I’ll update this list in real-time as I finish a book this year. And if you’d like to look back on books I’ve read in previous years, the entire list starting in 2019 is available.
Let’s dive in!
- Haint Blue: This is the second book in a series written by Stephanie Alexander, and both books are set in Charleston. I actually really enjoy the supernatural aspects of this book, and the previous one in the series. If you love Charleston, southern family dynamics, or ghosts, you’ll enjoy reading this book. I gave this a 4- out of 5-star rating.
- The Soulmate Equation: I have enjoyed every book by Christina Lauren, and this one was no exception. This book started a little slow for me, and the protagonist annoyed me through the first few chapters; however, the protagonist matured out of her annoying ways and I really liked the ending.
- The Wedding Veil: I loved this book! The author wove together a modern-day fictional plot alongside a heavily researched and vetted historical plot, and I enjoyed every second. If you live in or love visiting Asheville, North Carolina, and the Biltmore Estate, this is a must-read!
- Radical Candor: Currently reading
- The Artist’s Way: Currently reading